Mr Mahim Bhandari, Circle Head -Deputy Vice President - HR , Axis Bank Ahmedabad Circle and Mr Nilesh R Dubey, Asst. VP - Learning & Development Group, Axis Bank , Mumbai visited our Uvarsad, Gandhinagar Campus as Guest Speakers on 6th January, 2012 (Friday) and addressed our 1st & 2nd Year MBA students on the Topic:
"Changing Scenario in Retail Banking & its impact on Retail Investors"
Retail Banking sector mirrors the larger economy- its linkage to all sectors make it a proxy for what is happening within the Economy as a whole.Thus, enhanced technology is key to servicing all customer segments.
The biggest opportunity for the Indian Banking system today is the Indian Customers.This is leading to a growing demand for competitive and sophisticated retail banking services.
Students were briefed on the Initiatives taken at AXIS Bank which are like:-
1)Technological Advancement in Banking:
- Net Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Phone Banking etc.
i.e. "Doing banking sitting @ home"
2) Products are designed based on the needs of the customers now:
Seller’s Market to Buyer’s Market ( Change in Scenario )
3)Retail Banking stresses on CRM ( customer relationship management) which is very crucial as Customer is the focal point.
4) Inclusive growth in Economy shall come from Retail Banking with more & more Rural Bank Branches being opened in Small & Rural towns
5) Strategies adopted by Axis bank for retaining customers:
- Acquisition + Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- More relationship oriented
6) Well defined Career path progression: Entry level to top Management
7) Growth : Organic (Not taken over a single bank)
8) Highest no. of new branches (400 + ) established in the year 2010-11.
9) Highest no. of ATM's opened in India during the year 2010-11.