Admission Related FAQ
- What is the selection criterion?
- Unitedworld follows a matrix based system to identify the right candidate.
Basic selection (Assessment of social and demographic profile & corporate exposure)
Step I: Score/Percentile of GMAT/ CAT/ XAT / MAT or other equivalent national entrance tests.
Step II: Academic performance, non academic achievements, and extra-curricular activities
Step III: Statement of purpose and Corporate Recommendations (applicable for PGPM – Business Strategy)
Advanced selection (People skills, Ability to handle pressure & Market readiness)
Step IV: Presentation & Group Test
Step V: Psychometric Assessment & Personal Interview
- May I submit my application if I haven’t received GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ MAT score?
- Any graduate from UGC recognized University or final year student is eligible to apply at Unitedworld. Having a score of GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ MAT is critical but not essential. If students have not appeared for any of these, he/she has to clear Unitedworld entrance exam which comprises of Psychometric, Math, Aptitude and English questions. Final selection is based upon a matrix comprising scores of Phase I & Phase II.
- What is the cut-off score for admission to UWSB?
- UWSB does comprehensive analysis of the entire academic profile of a student like scores in Secondary, High School examination, Graduation, extra-curricular activities, performance in GMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT, work experience etc. The best of all the above mentioned parameters are taken into consideration with due weightage given to each of them therefore, no definite percentile cut-off can be communicated at the time of application. It is hence always advisable for candidates to apply. And UWSB has 4 rounds of selection where a student is monitored on different parameters.
- Do I have to buy separate Application Form for each Campus?
- No, here in UWSB one application is enough for all the campuses. The application has got campus selection preferences. You can select your campus ‘City’ as per your preference.
- Are engineers more preferred over non-engineer?
- Management education has now become a serious professional education which every graduate wants to pursue. At UWSB we also believe in peer learning, therefore we want students from all the areas from different background. We give equal opportunities to B.Tech./B.E., B.Com, BBA, B. Sc, BA, BCA students.
About Unitedworld FAQs
- What are the unique advantages of studying at Unitedworld?
- Business Plan simulation
- Brand & strategy workshop
- International Business Camp
- Multilayer Placement Cell
- Live Content Engine
- Intelligent Campus
- Career Coaching
- Only B-School in India to teach Open Economy strategies
- Only platform to learn India Twin growth engines
- Venture capital cell
- CEO Lecture Series
- Research Orientation
- What are the specializations on offer?
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Retail Management
- What is an ‘Open Economy’ B-School?
- The Indian corporate sector is looking for resources trained in open economic policies, liberal trade practices and global sourcing concepts. Thus, managers who can appreciate the global linkage of domestic product and services are in demand. Unitedworld School of Business aims to produce such skilled management resource to take advantage of this opportune moment. The aim is to create a set of Indian management innovators trained with open economic policies. With a priceless network of talented senior executives spread across the globe, clubbed with competent Indian academic pool, visiting faculties from Ivy League B-schools, and brand linkages, Unitedworld looks forward to becoming one of the top Indian platforms over the next 5 years to perform in the global economic order.
- What is Intelligent Campus?
- Intelligent Campus is a truly web-enabled education ERP system – where students, professors and management remain engaged with one another in a virtual platform. Students can manage projects, groupwork and scheduling. Professors can track individual students growth through pictorial charts and compare with their development in other subjects.In this virtual campus, students can access library, old class notes or get help from faculties remotely, even when they are not in the same city. This system is totally linked with e-mail and mobile of individuals for real-time connect. Intelligent Campus caters to complete campus automation needs. Its a fully integrated, intelligent, robust, online software solution to enhance the quality of education and to strengthen the institution to deliver a global standard teaching and learning environment where students grow and thrive and not just survive.
- What is Live Content Engine?
- Unitedworld content research team blends live market data with management fundamentals seamlessly through this content engine wherein relevant market information is collected from various sources and fed into the curriculum to improve it industry relevance.
- What is Career Coaching Centre?
- Led by Prof. Anamitra Chatterjee (Alumni IIM C, London School of Economics, and former HR & Training Head, PricewaterhouseCoopers, India), career coaching is a student-centric innovation which facilitates choosing both subject specialization and placement areas in tune with career drivers and own resources.
- What is multilayer placement cell?
- Unitedworld global placement team brings a unique 3-tier placement approach for the first time in India. This is one of the most structured and well planned career development efforts for any SE Asian B-School.
||First team would explore zonal opportunities:
- East Coast (from Kolkata campus)
- West Coast & Central Zone (from Mumbai campus)
- West and North zone (from Ahmedabad campus)
||Second team will work on creating national opportunities and
integrate national placements in a centralized fashion. They will target top 500 organizations.
||An overseas placement team will explore opportunities at UK, Middle East, Far East and Australia.
Unitedworld team and the network of industry advisors spread globally will be jointly
creating employment opportunities for Indian talents
- Why should we join relatively new Institute like Unitedworld?
- Unitedworld has become the fastest growing management education brand in Asia and we are the only Open economy focused institute in this zone of the world. In few years of existence, Unitedworld has become the most visible B-School for corporate and got awarded as best place to learn Marketing management.
Being a new organization Unitedworld brings flexibility, innovative approach in corporate interface, pedagogy, project works, industry interfaces and technologically advanced infrastructure.
More than 700 students are presently studying at Unitedworld from diversified academic background and from all corners of India. More than 90 In-house faculties are engaged with Unitedworld in various departments. Unitedworld Deans and faculties are highly networked individuals in academic and corporate environment on India and abroad.
Unitedworld has brought the following innovations in Indian management space.
- Live content engine
- Business Plan simulation
- Brand & strategy workshop
- CEO Lecture Series
- Career coaching
- Open economy focus
- International Business Plan
- Intelligent Campus
Campus related FAQ
- How is the infrastructure of Unitedworld?
- All campuses of Unitedworld School of Business are designed to create a stimulating environment for contemporary management studies. With state-of-the-art classrooms, computer labs, web-based academic management and global academic resources, Unitedworld School of Business offers one of the best facilities and ambiences in the country. All campuses are Wi-fi enabled and fully air-conditioned. Students will be connected 24×7 through intelligent campus with their Laptops.
- Why Unitedworld selected 4 cities to set up intelligent campus?
- Kolkata Campus: Kolkata is the logistics hub of eastern India including north eastern states. It is the largest business city in east and emerging as a manpower hub for services industry. With growing importance of services sector in Indian GDP, and the Look East policy of Government of India, Kolkata is bound to get importance for its rich human capital. Moreover, Kolkata acts as one of the key centers of logistical operations in SE Asia. Unitedworld is establishing its Campus at Salt Lake Sector V, which is the hub of IT & ITES in the East. The campus is at the heart of a burstling environment surrounded by multinational IT & Consultancy companies like IBM, Cognizant, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, TCS, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Capgemini, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone etc.
Mumbai Campus: Mumbai is the financial and commercial capital of India and one of the key nerve centers globally, in the new economic world order. Being the heart of corporate activities and job creation in Indian landscape, the Mumbai campus is expected to foster strong relationship with the corporate eco-system which will reap benefits for all the campuses. Mumbai campus is located in the premier urban center of Malad, very close to the Inorbit Mall, on the main Road. This place is very close the emerging BPO hub of Mumbai.
Ahmedabad Campus: Ahmedabad is the capital of Gujarat, the fastest growing state in India. With speedy growth of infrastructure, investor-friendly government initiatives, natural entrepreneurial flavour of the region and proximity to Mumbai, Ahmedabad is poised for huge growth as back-office of Mumbai in Financial services. Ahmedabad campus is located in Uvarsad, Gandhinagar.
Singapore campus: Rated as the most business-friendly economy in the world, Singapore has a highly developed market-based environment, which has historically revolved around export and refining imported goods, especially in manufacturing. Focus industries span Healthcare, Trading, Logistics, Financial services, Hospitality and Entertainment. The Unitedworld Campus is located at Tampines close to the Changi International airport. Tampines MRT junction (Bus & Metro) is one min walking distance from the campus, giving one of the most convenient communication for students. All kinds of food including South and North Indian cuisines are available near the campus. The residential facilities for students are also close by.
- Does UWSB provide hostel accommodation facilities for Boys /Girls?
- We assist in providing accommodation facilities separately for boys & girls which are closely networked with Unitedworld Administration.
- Unitedworld provide off-campus accommodation to outstation students. Can I have the details with photographs?
- Unitedworld is completely dedicated for helping our students find the right accommodation to suit your requirements. We can arrange photographs of the accommodations where are students are already staying. You can feel free to call Admissions department of any campus or mail us at email@example.com for further assistance.
Placement related FAQ
- You have mentioned about summer internships, are they paid ones?
- Summer Internship is an integral part of placements process and is basically to let you apply what you have learnt. It gives student the best opportunity to get real life experiences in leading brands. These are mostly paid projects.
- Does summer internship reflect on the actual placement?
- Organizations offering internships and the quality of projects concerned definitely create an impression about the Business School. An institute attracting more than 100 global organizations including PWC, HUL, ITC, ISRO reflects the credibility and reputation of the brand. Even during Final placement, we can see the replication of same trust on us.
- What is the scope of international placements?
- The Very Fact that Unitedworld prepares you for the open economy environment explains that there is an opportunity for the deserving candidates to work outside. As you know that we have a multilayer placement cell and one level of this cell is dedicated to look for opportunities outside India. Because of the efforts of this cell some of our students got placed for their internship in Singapore and Nepal. Hence if you are a hardworking student and perform well during your stint for 2 years, placement cell will help you get suitable opportunities outside India.
- Does Unitedworld provide guaranteed placement or only placement assistant?
- Institutes claiming guaranteed placement are basically misguiding students. Any reputed educational institute will ensure a structured placement process. We keep no stones unturned to fulfill students career aspiration with a multilayer placement team which looks for opportunities for the student at zonal, national and International level. Candidate will definitely be given multiple opportunities to appear for interview as per their specialization, Interest and caliber.
- Do you have an agreement with any corporate for Final placements?
- Students should have opportunity to select their choice of Industry during placement. Good B-Schools never claim any such tie up. Even established institutions like IIMs etc. will not have such agreement. We have relevant people working with us as in-house faculty, dean and corporate executives with relevant industry network to get our students placed. Over and above our multiplayer placement cell is capable enough to get opportunities for UWSB students.
- Am I eligible for higher studies in India or for Government job after doing a course from UWSB?
- Yes, UWSB award its students with PGDM, PGPM and MBA degree which is recognized by UGC-AICTE-DEC. So student is eligible for Government jobs and higher education in India or abroad.
- Will there be a proper campus week or we will be sent to various corporate for Interviews?
- There will be companies visiting the campuses. We already the list of good brands visited the campuses for the summer Internships as well as final placement.
- Am I allowed to take a campus transfer anytime to any other campus?
- 1) Campus transfer is allowed only after the term finishes.
2) You need to get the written consent from your parents and deans of both the campuses.
- Having been an open economic focused b school is there any foreign language class?
- Unitedworld organizes International Business Camp at the Singapore campus which every student has the advantage to attend. Students research growth opportunities of Indian products and services in SE Asian countries in this project. With IBC, Unitedworld provides exposure to a Developing Economy (India) and a Developed Market (Singapore), ensuring students get familiar with consumer behaviors of two different Demand-Supply situations.
There are separate classes not only for foreign language but also for cross cultural & behavioral acclimatization.
- My question is not listed here, whom should I contact?
- You can feel free to call Admissions department of any campus or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do I need a laptop while studying at USB?
- Unitedworld is the first B-School in India with Intelligent Campus, a web-enabled education enterprise solutions, which is the backbone for management of entire academic operations. The campuses will be wi-fi & technologically advanced the entire academic delivery system will run with this virtual system where daily progress of every student can be observed 24X7. Therefore, laptop for every student is a mandatory academic requirement.