The modern concept of Human Rights has been expanded over the years since the United Nations Declarations of Human rights on 10th December 1948. The term Human rights have been defined by the UN Training manual for Human Rights and monitoring as “universal legal guarantees protecting individuals and groups against actions which interfere with fundamental freedoms and human dignity”. While the constitutions of all modern civilized nations including India have incorporated basic human rights in their constitutions and domestic civil and criminal laws, human rights have been violated on several occasions of war, terrorism, domestic violence, cyber crimes, child abuse, humiliation of third gender people etc.
This national level seminar aims to bring together researchers, professionals, activists, and students to discuss the modern concepts of Human rights, expanding scope of human rights, violation of human rights and mechanisms to restore the human rights in
domestic civil and criminal laws, human rights have been violated on several occasions of war, terrorism, domestic violence, cyber crimes, child abuse, humiliation of third gender people etc.
This national level seminar aims to bring together researchers, professionals, activists and students to discuss the modern concepts of Human rights, expanding scope of human rights, violation of human rights and mechanisms to restore the human rights in such cases.
GENDER JUSTICE AND HUMAN RIGHTS
- Judiciary on Gender Justice
- The LGBT Rights Movement
- Gender Biased Indian Laws
- Role of Judiciary, Executive and Legislature in enforcing Gender Justice
HUMAN RIGHTS OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN
- Human Trafficking
- Human Rights of Sex Workers and their Children
- Status of Indigenous people
- Health Care Concerns and Right to Privacy
- Child Labour and Human Rights
- The Issue of Child Marriages in India and Marital Rape: Need for Law
- Reproductive Rights, Surrogacy and Human Rights
DISABLED AND ELDERLY: HUMAN RIGHTS PERSPECTIVE
- Protection of Elderly against Exploitation and Discrimination
- Protection of Disabled against Exploitation and Discrimination
- Ageing, Health Concerns and Human Rights
CORPORATE SECTOR AND HUMAN RIGHTS
- Corporate Social Responsibility of MNC’s towards Society
- Paternal Leave: Father, you are Eligible
- Land Acquisition and the Rights of Indigenous People
- All submissions must pertain to the themes and subthemes mentioned above.
- Abstracts should be submitted in Times New Roman font 12 with double spacing.
- The abstract and paper must follow blue book citation (19th Edition) method. (https://www.apus.edu/ctl/archived/archived-faculty-resources/Bluebook.pdf).
- All abstracts must show name, address, phone number, designation and email id of the author/s.
- The maximum number for co-authors is restricted to two (excluding the lead author).
- Separate registration must be done for each co-author.
- The papers must be original and unpublished.
- Students must produce valid student identity documents.
- The papers will go through double blind peer review and only approved papers will be accepted.
- Abstracts & Research Papers should be submitted in Electronic Format Only.
Email: [email protected]
Submission of Full Papers
- The word limit of the full paper is 5000-7000 (including tables and figures if any). The paper must be accompanied by an abstract of 500 words.
- A cover page containing name, address, phone number, designation and email id of the author/s must be sent along with the research paper.
Publication of Conference Proceedings
- Selected Research Papers would be published as Conference Proceedings subject to plagiarism check and blind peer review.
|22nd May, 2017||Abstract Submission.|
|25th May, 2017||Intimation regarding selection of abstracts.|
|30th May, 2017||Registration with Payment through DD/Cheque|
|10th June, 2017||Final Paper Submission.|
|15th June, 2017||Intimation regarding selection of full papers.|
|22nd July, 2017||Conference|
- Students (Undergraduate & Post Graduate & Research Scholars): Rs. 1,000/-
- Faculties, Professionals, Practitioners: Rs.1,500/-
- Registration fees include Conference Kit, Lunch and High Tea.
- Account Details: Cheque or DD or RTGS/NEFT
Kotak Mahindra Bank
|Account No.: 3311457808||IFSC Code:|
|PAN No.: AAATU3313L|
United world School of Law
|MICR Code: |
|PATRON-IN-CHIEF||Dr. Akanksha Singh, Director-Administration
Ms. Devanshi Patel, Head of Administration
|CONVENER||Dr. Debarati Halder, Head of the Department, Research
Email: [email protected], Ph.:08220657682
|CO-CONVENER||Mr. Shrut Brahmbhatt, Assistant Professor
Email: [email protected], Ph.:07930535082
Mrs. Sonia Kaul Shali, Assistant Professor
Email: [email protected], Ph.:07930535080
|RESEARCH DEPARTMENT||Abstract and Full Papers should be sent to:
Please download the Registration form: Link
(You have to take a print out of the form, fill it up and then send us the scanned copy of the same)